Capturing the Paid Preparer signatures in the tax software can be done in multiple ways, but for this tutorial we will be explaining the process using a signature pad. This article is for Desktop users only.
An actual compatible signature pad must be connected and installed on the device (pc or laptop) before capturing signatures.
Note: All Paid Preparers must have a valid PTIN in order to prepare tax returns and the PTIN is required in the Paid Preparer record for the tax software.
Steps to capture Paid Preparer signature
1. From the Work In Progress (WIP screen), select Database
2. Select Paid Preparers
3. Select the Paid Preparer and choose Edit.
4. On the Paid Preparer window, select Capture Signature.
5. Sign the signature pad and select Accept.
6. Select save once the signature is captured/displayed at the bottom of the Paid Preparer window.
Reminder: this Paid Preparer signature will be present on all tax returns electronically filed with the Paid Preparer's Prep ID present on the Client Data.