Form W-2G Certain Gambling Winnings is used to report gambling winnings and any federal income tax withheld on those winnings. The requirement for reporting and withholding depend on the type of gambling, the amount of the gambling winnings, and generally the ratio of the winnings to the wager.
In order to enter Form W-2G Certain Gambling Winnings correctly, follow the instructions below:
1. Click Add Form
2. Select the W-2G Certain Gambling Winnings
3. Choose the Taxpayer/Spouse Occurrence if it is a joint return
4. Enter the required information directly from the form in hand
5. Click Refresh
6. Click RET SCH 1- INC & ADJUSTMENT
7. Navigate to line 8 of the Schedule 1 (double check that the winnings are present)
need more help, watch our quick video below...