The CTTS Client is a all access point for our customers using our hosted software option. The below image is a example of our CTTS Client (depending on the version). In this article we are going to explain how-to use the Remote Request option for capturing signatures w/ the SignDoc feature (a compatible pre-installed signature pad is required).
Follow the instructions below to successfully sign/print a tax return in the tax software:
1. The CTTS Client MUST be open (only 1 instance of the CTTS Client at a time) before requesting any signatures. Make sure you have an instance of the CTTS Client open and minimized on your desktop.
This icon must be open on your desktop before initiating the Remote Request feature.
2. Open the tax return you would like to initiate the request and make sure that the return is Verified Successful.
3. Select the Print menu option from the toolbar in the tax software.
4. Select the SignDoc button from the print options window.
5. DO NOT select any option from the next prompt. You MUST navigate to the CTTS Client (previously minimized on your desktop) now.
6. After selecting the CTTS Client, you can now select Remote Req (Remote Request).
7. This will open the Cloud Remote Request Queue with the Remote Request you initiated in Step 4 above. Select the remote request you would like to sign at this time, then choose select.
8. You now will be prompted to Sign the pre-installed signature pad (if you see an error here, it is because you don't have the signature pad installed correctly). Have the taxpayer sign, and select Accept. Repeat for Spouse if married filing joint.
9. You can now close the Cloud Remote Request Queue.
10. Minimize the CTTS Client (Do not close the CTTS Client).
11. NOW, you can select OK from the below prompt (depending on the cloud connection speed, it is strongly recommended to give this at least a 15sec window before completing this step).
12. Close this pdf (Do not print from this pdf).
13. Open the Document Archive located on the Attached Forms list.
14. Open the Signed Full Tax Return.
15. Print the pdf.
Still, having printing issues? Try saving the pdf from the Document Archive to a local drive on your computer, and print it from there.