Below is our available mileage log (print this for your records).
According to the IRS, your mileage log must include a record of:
- Your mileage
- The dates of your business trips
- The place you drove for business
- The business purposes for your trips
Some of the common errors you see in a vehicle mileage log are:
- Not including the business purpose
- Using estimates instead of proper documentation
- Errors from either negligence or just mistakes
Remember, you don't need to record your odometer reading with each trip but you do need proper documentation.
The documents provided above are not responsible in assisting/preparing a correct tax return. The available forms are only for documenting additional documentation and are not subject to any regulations set forth in Circular 230 of the IRS.