Check reissues are most commonly used when the check has been verified and not cashed. Tax refund checks can only be verified once and will require the Check Reissue form if not cashed/deposited upon verification.
Remind your customers NOT to call the verification number and to take it to a place that will cash the tax refund check once they verify it.
If you need to get a check reissued please follow the instructions below:
1. Start by opening the check reissue form using this link: http://www.taxtechinc.com/assets/tpg.20checkreissue.pdf
2. Fill in every box below. It is important to not leave any blank!
- Primary taxpayer: Taxpayer's first and last name as it appears on the check.
- Customer ID/ Last 4: Last 4 of taxpayer's SSN.
- Secondary Taxpayer: Spouse's first and last name as it appears on the check, if applicable.
- Check Number: Number of the check that is no longer valid.
- Check Date: Date printed on the check, not the current date.
- Check Amount: The amount printed on the check.
- Current Mailing Address: Use taxpayer's current address, even it it is not the same address as the one on the tax return.
3. Choose the appropriate reason for check reissue.
- Most commonly the check has been verified and not paid.
- Occasionally the check will have expired. (It is only good for 90 days from receiving the check, not printing the check)
4. Select how the taxpayer would like to receive the new check.
- The fastest way is to send authorization for the Tax Preparer to print. Choosing this option allows the bank to send the check back down to your office.
5. Sign all necessary signatures.
- Secondary taxpayer is only applicable if there is a spouse.
- You, the preparer, are the EFIN owner.
- EFIN is your 6-digit office identifier. (If you do not know this #, call our call center)
Tip: If you don't know your EFIN it can be found on your Cloud Client App
6. Scan the listed documents below using branch scan. Please scan documents as ONE file!
- Check issue request form
- Copy of ID and SS card (Both Taxpayer and Spouse if joint return).
- Copy of the front and back of the check with VOID written across the face of the check.
7. Email the scanned file document to email@example.com.
Note: It may take 24-72 hours for the bank to process a current year check reissue request.