Generally, Form 1099-NEC Non Employee Compensation is issued to taxpayers when an employer pays $600 or more of fees, commissions, prizes, and awards for services performed by a nonemployee, other forms of compensation for services performed for your trade or business by an individual who is not your employee.
Follow the instructions below to correctly enter the Form 1099-NEC and linked it to the proper Schedule.
1. Click Add Form (Ctrl + A)
2. Select FRM 1099-NEC - Nonemployee Compensation
3. Complete the required fields (check Verify messages)
4. Select the Link to (1040, Sch C, or F) field, and choose Choices (F3 for shortcut) from the active options window.
5. Select SCH C# 01 UNAMED ACTIVITY
6. Navigate to the applicable SCH C to view the linked information. Complete the rest of the Schedule.