The CTTS Client the all access point for our customers using our hosted software option. The image below displays one version of our CTTS Client. In this article we will cover how to sign a return using the signature pad and REMOTE REQ.
1. The CTTS Client MUST be open before requesting any signatures. Make sure you only have ONE CTTS Client open. Multiple CTTS Client's can lead to issues receiving the request.
2. Open the tax return you would like to sign and make sure that the return is Verified Successfully.
3. Select the Print menu option from the Tax Return Toolbar in the tax software.
4. Select the SignDoc button from the Print Options Window.
5. DO NOT select any option from the next prompt. You MUST navigate to the CTTS Client (previously minimized on your desktop) now.
6. After selecting the CTTS Client, you can now select Remote Req (Remote Request).
7. This will open the Cloud Remote Request Queue with the Remote Request you initiated in Step 4 above. Select the remote request you would like to sign at this time, then choose select.
8. Follow the prompts to capture any necessary taxpayer, spouse, paid preparer, or ERO signatures.
You can avoid capturing the Paid Preparer or ERO signatures on every return by saving them advance. See Capturing a Paid Preparer Signature (Hosted) and Capturing an ERO Signature (Hosted).
9. You can now close the Cloud Remote Request Queue.
10. Minimize the CTTS Client (Do not close the CTTS Client).
11. Navigate back to the tax software, you can now select OK on the prompt.
You have successfully signed the tax return. You may now print the return according to your procedures.
Please sign in to leave a comment.