Capturing the Paid Preparer signatures in the tax software can be done in multiple ways, but for this tutorial we will be explaining the process using our Cloud Client and Signature Pad.
An actual compatible signature pad must be connected and installed on the device (pc or laptop) before capturing signatures.
Note: All Paid Preparers must have a valid PTIN in order to prepare tax returns and the PTIN is required in the Paid Preparer record for the tax software.
Steps to capture Paid Preparer signature
1. From the Work In Progress (WIP screen), select Database
2. Select Paid Preparers
3. Select the Paid Preparer and choose Edit.
4. On the Paid Preparer window, select Capture Signature.
5. DO NOT click on the message stating:
Sign the signature in Client software then press OK to continue
6. Click on the active Cloud Client icon from your taskbar along the bottom of your screen.
7. Select Remote Request from the CTTS Client options.
8. Select the request from the Cloud Remote Request Queue window.
9. Sign the signature pad and select Accept
10. Return to the tax software by selecting the active tax software icon located on your taskbar.
11. Now, you can select "OK" on the Message referred to earlier in step 5
12. Select save once the signature is captured/displayed at the bottom of the Paid Preparer window.
Reminder: this Paid Preparer signature will be present on all tax returns electronically filed with the Paid Preparer's Prep ID present on the Client Data.
Need more help? Watch our quick video below...