Our software has the ability to request a signature from a taxpayer's and/or spouse's mobile device at the time of tax return completion. After authenticating their identity, the taxpayer/spouse can review a copy of their Income and Information Details Checklist, and provide a signature for the return using their mobile device(s).
Prior to completing remote signature make sure that you have captured the Paid Preparer & ERO Signatures.
Instructions for Electing Remote Sign on a Tax Return
1. Ensure the taxpayer's and/or spouse's cell, email, text message box, and cell phone carrier have been entered.
2. Enter a Y for the taxpayer consents to sign the tax return remotely. This located at the bottom of the Client Data Page.
3. Verify the tax return.
4. Select the Print from the Tax Return Toolbar.
5. Select RemoteSign.
6. You will now be prompted to select any individuals who like to sign in the office. If you intend for all signatures to be on the cell phone, DO NOT select anything here.
7. Select how you would like the notification to be sent to the individual(s). Select the individuals cell phone for the RemoteSign link.
8. Remain on the Print Screen until you receive the Request sent successfully message. Closing the Print Dialog box early will result in an error.
Instructions for Taxpayers Using Remote Sign
1. Select the link in the text message.
2. The taxpayer will verify their identity by entering the correct last name, date of birth, last 4 of the social security number, and zip code.
3. Review the Income and Information Details Checklist and confirm that the document is complete to the best of their knowledge by selecting Yes.
iPhone users will see a preview automatically. Android users must download a copy to view.
4. Click OK to provide signatures.
5. Turn the mobile device sideways. If a taxpayer is unable to get the screen to rotate, they will need to ensure that their screen orientation is unlocked.
6. Sign the mobile device with a finger or touch device and select Submit.
7. Taxpayers must select Yes, Sign Electronically to confirm they are satisfied with the captured signature.
Taxpayers with a bank product will need to complete steps 6 and 7 twice.
8. Taxpayers may close the window on their mobile device.
Checking the Status of a Remote Signature
Tax preparers can view/print Remote Signature Capture status in the Attached Forms Tree within the tax return.
- Time stamps ensure compliance
- ERO & Preparer signatures are automatically applied
- The remote signature is stored within the tax return
View pending signature requests directly on the Work In Progress Screen under Exceptions/Rejects.
Instructions for Printing a Return With Remote Sign
1. Open the tax return.
2. Open the Document Archive using the Attached Forms Tree.
3. Select the correct set of documents you wish to print. Select Open.
4. Save the return locally to the desired file location. For assistance saving a return locally reference, Saving a Return Locally In Order to Print (For hosted users prior to tax year 2022 and RemoteSign).
Please sign in to leave a comment.