Form 1099-R, Distributions From Pensions, Annuities, Retirement or Profit-Sharing Plans, IRAs, Insurance Contracts, etc.
- Taxpayers should receive Form 1099-R for any distributions of $10 or more, from any type of retirement plan
- In a typical year with no extensions, Form 1099-R must be issued to taxpayers no later than January 31st.
- Taxpayers who have not received their 1099-R form by February 15th, and have made efforts to obtain their 1099-R with no results, are able to complete Form 4852 substitute 1099-R.
Follow the instructions below to correctly enter the Form 1099-R:
1. Select Add Form.
2. Begin by typing 1099-R, into the search bar at the bottom of the All Forms and Schedules Menu.
3. Select Form 1099-R. Double-click to add the form.
4. If a joint return, choose New Taxpayer's or New Spouse's Occurrence.
5. Complete the 1099-R, filling in all applicable sections. Pay close attention to the state information.
Please sign in to leave a comment.