Form W-2, Wage and Tax Statement
- Taxpayers should receive a W-2 form if they earned more than $600 (noncash payments), or all income amounts if social security and Medicare tax was withheld, during a tax period.
- In a typical year with no extensions, Form W-2 must be issued to taxpayers no later than January 31st.
- Taxpayers who have not received their W-2 form by February 15th, and have made efforts to obtain their W-2 with no results, are able to complete Form 4852, Substitute for W-2, using their last pay stub.
Follow the instructions below to correctly enter the Form W-2 Wage and Tax Statement:
1. Select Add Form
2. Select Form W-2. Double-click to add the form.
3. If a joint return, choose New Taxpayer's or New Spouse's Occurrence.
4. Complete the W-2. Be sure to complete all applicable sections prior to adjusting any amounts in boxes 3-6.
Please sign in to leave a comment.