Form 1040 V, Payment Voucher
- Form 1040-V should be utilized by taxpayers who wish to pay their balance due by check or money order.
- Taxpayers should make checks or money orders payable to "United States Treasury".
- You can not send cash with a payment voucher.
- If using a money order enter the SSN and daytime phone number on the money order.
- If using a check enter the amount in the following formation $XXX.XX. Do not use dashes or lines.
- To pay by cash you must use an in-person payment option provided by IRS retail partners. For more information visit, www.officialpayments.com/fed.
- For information on where to mail Form 1040-V, reference 1040, 1040-X, 4868, and 1040-V Return Mailing Addresses.
Please sign in to leave a comment.