Rule Number: R0000-500-01
Rule Text: ''PrimarySSN'' and ''PrimaryNameControlTxt'' in the Return Header must match the e-File database.
In order to correct the error, reference the DataValue (this indicates what person or number the rejection is related to). For more information, regarding how to view the details and data values related to rejections and refusals reference Viewing Reject and Refusals.
- The incorrect SSN is entered.
- The incorrect birthdate is entered.
- A suffix such as JR, SR, III, etc. is missing from the return.
- The individual has multiple names on their Social Security card (usually the database utilizes the first and third names only).
- The individual has had a name change (marriage, divorce, etc.) and has not updated their Social Security card. Use the information on the Social Security card.
- Correct the information that is entered incorrectly, resign, and resubmit the return.
- If you are having issues getting the return accepted reference the last accepted IRS return.
- If you are still unable to get the return accepted the return will have to be paper filed.
Please sign in to leave a comment.