Rule Number: R0000-194
Rule Text: Submission must not be a duplicate of a previously accepted submission.
In order to correct the error, reference the DataValue (this indicates what person or number the rejection is related to). For more information, regarding how to view the details and data values related to rejections and refusals reference Viewing Reject and Refusals.
- The taxpayer's information is entered incorrectly and the IRS system thinks it is a different person (double-check the SSN, name, and birthday).
- The taxpayer has filed elsewhere.
- The taxpayer received a quote somewhere else, and they filed the return without their consent.
- The taxpayer has been a victim of identity theft.
- The return has been Queued and Transmitted more than once.
- If the taxpayer's information is entered incorrectly, correct the taxpayer's information and resubmit.
- If the taxpayer has not filed anywhere else, and believes they are a victim of identity theft, paper file and complete Form 14039.
- If you believe the return has been sent more than once, contact CrossLink to complete a Status Sync.