Rule Number: FW2-505-01
Rule Text: Form W-2, Line B ''EmployerEIN'' was issued after the Tax Year in the Return Header.
In order to correct the error, reference the Data Value (this indicates what person or number the rejection is related to). For more information, regarding how to view the details and data values related to rejections and refusals reference Viewing Reject and Refusals.
- The employer EIN number is entered incorrectly on the tax return.
- The employer included the wrong EIN number on the W-2 form (have the customer contact their HR department).
- The employer applied for the EIN after the tax year began.
- Correct the EIN number, resign, and resubmit the return.
- Contact HR about the EIN and ensure they have the correct number.
- If the EIN really was issued after the tax year, the return will have to be paper filed.
Article is closed for comments.