Form 8949, Sales and Other Dispositions of Capital Assets
- Taxpayers should use Form 8949 to reconcile amounts reported to them an the IRS on Form 1099-B or 1099-S.
- Gains and losses from Form 8949 carry forward to SCH D.
Follow the instructions below to correctly enter the Form 8949:
1. Select Add Form.
2. Begin by typing 8949, into the search bar at the bottom of the All Forms and Schedules Menu.
3. Select Form 8949. Double-click to add the form.
4. Complete the 8949, filling in all applicable sections.